"Get rid of anything that isn't absolutely essential"

"Get rid of anything that isn't absolutely essential"

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Boulevard of Broken Dreams...

I walk alone... I walk alone... Down a never ending street, there is no beginning no end to the torment of broken dreams. On either side towering structures all reflecting the dark corners of my soul, my past, my hidden failure. Between the buildings slowly drifting are clouds morphing into broken windows, failed tests, lost friends. The ground a reflective glass reflecting all that is above me, with the occasional lie passing by in the void underneath. In the distance a small glimmer of hope, approaching to find water spraying out of the ground reflecting even more of the once forgotten past, stepping through all goes dark. Nothing to see, then bursts of light come on one at a time they light up memories, torturing my mind, stabbing my conscience, haunting my thoughts, but a small glimpse of hope coming toward me, a light lighting up the void, a... train.

3 comments:

  1. Goodness. You are a friggin' good writer. Seriously, I was shocked at the maturity and the level of writing I just read. It was awesome. The descriptions. The metaphors. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. I like the line where it says failed tests, lost friends. Becasue that is hard... becasue i know how to fail a test haha :P but good job!

    ReplyDelete

myTunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones