"Get rid of anything that isn't absolutely essential"

"Get rid of anything that isn't absolutely essential"

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

If I owned the world

If I owned the world

If I owned the world,
You could wake up in New York, have breakfast in Paris, golf In Scotland, go to lunch in San palo, relax in the cool forest of Geneva, drop by Tokyo for dinner, watch the sun set in Santorini, and be back in New York for the night.
If I controlled the world
When you wanted rain you would turn the humidity up on your remote, when you wanted sunshine you would turn up the brightness, and when you wanted peace and quite just hit mute
If I were in charge of the world
When you thought about asking that special person out, you would hear your doorbell ring, when you opened it you would find them standing there just waiting.
If I were over the world
I would be standing on the moon with my head in the clouds, thinking of that special someone.
If I laid out the world
Every other mile would be lined with roses, every other mile would be lined with violets, and all the streets would be named I love you.
If I owned the world
Heck you could visit with dead people, they wouldn't talk back, but you would get a recording coming from behind there face, but all you wanted was to just hear their voice saying, how much they miss you but not to worry, just get on with your life and, hurry, go back to driving kids, and waging war, and being handy.
If I planned the world
On every mountain there would be a boy with a stick for a sword in hand and bucket for a crown on the head shouting at the top of his lungs, "I am the king of the word, I am the king of the world, I am the king of the world" but he would be wrong, because, that would be me, but he would be heard in every valley, on every farm, and in every general store, by every granny saying that's my boy.
If I owned the world
Every tome stone would be a tv playing a loop of the first time you met, because that's the only meeting that matters, and it would end with the last time you saw them because thats the only good bye that you remember.
If I stood on top of the world
I would be working to divinity, and I would go to the stars to conquer the end and bring it to the beginning so you could see who you would be
If I owned the world
All you would have to do is dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

myTunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones